Monday, October 20, 2008

Fall Recess otherwise known as UEA

I'm sure many mothers out there are breathing a sigh of relief that school will be starting again tomorrow. Although I won't miss the fighting that started toward the end of the break, I will miss having both kids around all day and doing all the fun stuff we did. We are so busy during the week, it's hard to find time to enjoy each other. By the time Amber is home from school, homework is done & we've attempted practicing piano (during which we have babies crying for attention and hungry little boys wanting food) it is time for dinner. Either preceeding or following all that is soccer practice, piano lesson with Beth and ballet. whew! (yes, we do need to simplify!)

I really enjoyed just spending time with each other and having fun. Luckily the weather was great this weeked, so we got to enjoy Gardner Village with some friends, the park with cousins and the highlight? Gram and Papa taking the kids to breakfast on Saturday. (Kev and I got to stay home and do yardwork.) We also built a fire in the backyard fire pit and roasted hot dogs for lunch. Each night the kids had a "sleepover." Their definition of sleeping somewhere other than their beds which always ended up being in the downstairs family room with the couch cusions spread out or in a fort Kev made for them. They got to stay up late and watch tv (a huge thing since we're pretty strict on bedtime and how much tv they watch.)

They did get tired toward the end, but it was a fun weekend. Back to the grind I guess...

3 comments:

Russ and Emily Christman said...

Its sounds like you did some fun things. That is so cool you have a firepit in the backyard. I may have to use the "sleep anywhere in the house". The kids would love that. We did Gardner Village too. I think we are going to go back when it is not so crowded. Hopefully UEA weekend will be different.

Ashley and Zane said...

Natasha, I am glad you found my blog! It is so fun to read about your cute family! Also, I totally know your brother Frankie, we went to high school together. I hope he continues to do well.

Nielsen Family said...

We had so much fun with you guys at the park thanks for inviting us. Luck you guys for getting all the kids to go with grandparents too bad you guys had to do yard work.