Friday, September 12, 2008

My Hero


My little bro was in a really bad accident on Monday. He was driving home from school on his scooter and was cut off by a driver of an SUV. He suffered from broken ribs, a collapsed lung, a concussion and every bone in his face was broken from his forehead down. He has a trachiostimy (I won't claim to know how to spell it,) and a feeding tube. His jaw is wired shut and his eyes were swollen shut until today. Can you even imagine not being able to see or speak and breath out of your neck instead of your nose or mouth? I think that would be terrifying.


I've seen the power of the priesthood blessings he's received. His brain swelling went down fairly quickly, he only needed one surgery to repair his facial fractures (the originally anticipated 2-3) and he is handling all the pain better than we imagined.


Through all this he has kept a positive outlook and is worrying more about how this is effecting his wife and the boy who hit him than himself. He has forgiven the boy who hit him and worries about how this will effect his future. What a perfect example of how to be Christ-like. I am so proud to call him my brother.


I've been taking pictures every day to document how he looks . I'm sure he won't mind if I share a few.

1 comments:

DIY Daily Darling! said...

Wow those doctors did an impressive job. Minimal bruising and minimal incisions to do all the work you said they did. And natural aging will help hide the incisions where they are. He looks better than I expected from what he has been through. Thank goodness for the gospel and the priesthood holders in his life.