Thursday, September 25, 2008

Our Favorite Soup



Kev and I love Olive Garden. Since the addition of the twins, you can imagine we don't get out like we used to. One day we decided we'd try to copy that potato soup they serve. After a few attempts, this is the recipe we ended with and love. We like to serve it with balsamic vinegar in oil to dip the bread. Recipe is below. Disclaimer: I am not one to follow instructions, I make it to taste and based on how much we need. This will make about 8 servings.
****************************************************************
Italian Sausage Soup
1 12oz package of low fat pork or turkey sausage
6-7 red potatoes
2 handfulls of chopped, fresh spinach
chopped fresh garlic to taste (I use 1 spoonfull)
1 10oz can Rotel Mexican Lime Cilantro diced tomatoes
1 32oz box of chicken broth
1/2- 1 cup of milk
Dice potatoes to desired size. Put in pot and add enough water to cover. Cover and cook until potatoes are ready. Add cooked sausage and all other ingredients. We put in the spinach last so it's not too soggy.

2 comments:

Nielsen Family said...

Thanks for sharing Kip is very excited he loves that soup also. We will need to try it.

Russ and Emily Christman said...

That looks so yummy. I thought that was a picture from Bonsai. I am going to have to try it.