Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sick again...

This seems to be our winter to learn appreciation of good health. We are sick again...ugh. I started it all with step throat a few weeks ago, then Tyler got flu even though he was immunized. I think it was harder on him than the stomach flu because of the aches and pains, fever and chills. He missed 2 days of school, then had a weekend to recover. 


Katelyn and Kaden were next to follow with sinus infections. And just when we thought we were safe, Amber has come down with it. She's on day 2 of missing school, but seems to be doing better. We've had to cancel family night with my parents twice now, which is a bummer because we look forward to doing that with them each month. Luckily Kev seems to have missed it all (he's been busy, so that's probably a good thing!)

We are rarely sick, so I have quickly learned to appreciate the good health we usually have. I saw a commercial for St. Jude children's hospital and it made me so grateful that all we have to deal with is this little illness compared to cancer or something else- life would be so different if our kids had to endure things that those other children do. Man, I must be sleep deprived or something, got a little sappy there. : )

4 comments:

DIY Daily Darling! said...

Glad you found some time to post again it has been a while. It is fun to see pictures of what you have been up to and what the little ones have been up to. I love the excitement on Katelyn's face covered with mac and cheese. Priceless!

Nielsen Family said...

So I think that we have swichted rolls you guys have been sick like we usually are, hopfully March will bring spring and no more sickness for you and everyone else. Let me know if you need anything!

Cody and Lindz said...

Sorry you guys are so sick, that's how our winter started out and mingled with a few new illness since. Once you get something it just snowballs! Hopefully you guys can all get some rest and get feeling better!

Russ and Emily Christman said...

Hopefully you guys are starting to feel better. We had a bad two weeks as well. Take care and get some rest.